Saturday, February 19, 2011

Challenges and deprivation

So I have had several challenges starting with finding time to post. I will try to do better. Cliff and I have had many conversations about our experiment and although there are times we may feel deprived it's also kinda nice to blame our whacky (to some) eating behaviors on someone else. Although cliff isn't eating the same meal plan as jack, he's still trying to follow his rules. Luckily Jillian does allow some goodies in her diet (like the yummy Newman O's! Believe it or not I can stop at one. It was a challenge at first but got remarkably easier. The less sugar I eat the less I crave it. The more in control I feel.

The energy is still good. Even during the days following little sleep. I've been off caffeine for so long that I see no reason to ever go back.

The other night we wanted to go to dinner & for the first time we were kinda at a loss about where to go. With our somewhat limited menu choices it seemed hard. We couldn't just say "so you feel like Italian tonight?". Well there's the pasta, the bread, the beef. So we chose Bonefish. Since we CAN eat fish. We skipped the rolls, asked for oil & vinegar on the side and enjoyed grilled fish and veggies. Very yummy! We felt so healthy that when we passed the "hot now" sign at Krispy Kreme I almost asked if he wanted to stop. That's when I realized that although I'm a weight watchers leader advocating that you shouldn't deprive yourself.. I was doing it. I wasn't sure how I felt about it but decided it wasn't so bad. I can do without the doughnuts. And who knows by the time we're done I may decide I don't really like them! Yeah who am I kidding?!

So yes there are times we feel deprived but there are also many times where we are pleasantly surprised that the black bean hummus and a roasted brussel sprout tastes really great!

No comments:

Post a Comment