Friday, May 6, 2011

More about Jillian!

Anyone see the cover of May's Shape magazine???  Jillian Michaels!  Woohoo!  As soon as I walked in the door I tore it open to find out what else I could eat.

So imagine my glee when I read the part where "Not everything she eats is "good" for her"....  What does that mean????  Her explanation:  "I give food a number on a scale from one to 10.  Ones are superfoods that will practically cure cancer, like organice spinach.  Tens are crap that could kill you tomorrow, like a prepackaged cupcake.  The highest I'll go is 5 or 6.  For example, I adore Popchips.  They're 100 calories a bag - no preservatives, no trans fat and no artificial sweetners.  Is it a superfood?  No.  But will it kill me?  No!"

Hmmm so as long as it doesn't kill me I can eat it??

More about Jill:
4 - She eats 2,000 calories a day!  "Right now, I'm loving Nature's Path Hemp Waffles for breakfast.  My cleanest meal is lunch because it's usually a salad with seafood.  And dinner is often something from my book "The Master your Metabolism Cookbook", like the black bean chili"  (I HAVE THIS COOKBOOK!  Yea, more options!)
5 - She's a conflicted vegetarian "I don't eat chicken or red meat, but not because I think they're unhealthy.  I do believe we're omnivores and should have healthy meat once a week or so.  But personally, I can't eat it because I'm such an animal lover.  I've been rescuing dogs since I was 17."

Let's see..  she never weighs herself, she thinks she has a big butt (whatever), she sees a shrink and she wants to be a mom.  Important to note that she doesn't like to exercise.  She does it for the way it will make her feel.  Yep, I agree!

She also will eat Larabars.  Rock on - me too!

So I think I'm doing pretty close to what she would do..  Some things I have added in that she might not:
  • Some dairy (still not clear on her stand on organic dairy) - I eat greek organic yogurt with organic granola, organic milk with Kashi go lean and I have splurged on a little bit of cheese on eggs when I eat them with Noah.
  • Organic pizza - no more than once a week and I'm now thinking she might would consider this a 5 or 6 and eat it too!
  • Semisweet chocolate morsels - may not be dark enough but I like to snack on 2 tablespoons in the afternoon while I work.  I let each one melt in my mouth.  It takes like 30 minutes to finish and it's only 4 WW points plus values!  Nice long chocolate fix!
So I guess, overall, I'm still sticking pretty close to her eating habits.

The exercise is another thing.  I need to think more "what would Jillian do" when it comes to exercise.  Like the week the inlaws were here.  I did NOTHING.  I didn't really have any time but could I have carved some time to do push ups, situps, etc?  Sure!  Would Jillian have done NOTHING?  Likely not.  The week following I was so tired that I only worked out an hour and a half the whole week!  Needless to say when I got back on the exercise wagon this week I was sore all week.  I did get 4 hours in this week and the week isn't over... 

So the new challenge is to try to think more like her when it comes to exercise.  I think my eating is under control in terms of her rules of food.  Having additional information is helpful.  Not knowing her scale is challenging but I think I get the gist.  Now off to more challenging workouts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment