Friday, January 21, 2011

Week 1 - Friday is here! The true test begins!

So we made it through the first week.  I have to say within the first 2 days I felt much better.  Dropped 2 pounds (water weight no doubt) and had more energy!  These are some of the meals/snacks I had:
  • Roasted Garlic hummus with carrots
  • Organic bean burritos on whole wheat tortillas
  • Salads with black bean salsa
  • Salad with lentils
  • Blackened cajun tuna steaks with roasted brussell sprouts (ironically my favorite meal of the week - didn't know I liked either of these things)
  • Scrambled egg and egg white with ultra wheat bread
  • Decaf coffee flavored with agave nectar and almond milk (YUM - I can definitely cope with this)
  • Banana and almonds
  • various other fruits
  • We juiced carrots, an apple and pear together and it was really tasty!
  • Had some dairy in the smoothies for breakfast but we are phasing out our dairy
So overall I can't say I have missed anything I have taken off my menu this week.  However, friday nights is usually pizza night.  Saturdays we typically make pancakes and by Sunday we have eaten too many desserts at church and are now up the 2 pounds we lost the week before.  Our plan is to go out to eat tonight - likely Cracker Barrell where we can get lots of veggies.  I'm really looking forward to feeling good on Monday!

Exercise will get better next week.  I have 1 more hour to go to complete my 5 hours this week.  I did push myself with every exercise session I had so I feel good about that.  I have the "Making the Cut" book of Jillians and will start the circuit training tomorrow. 

I will let Cliff post about his week and all the MANY desserts he had to turn down.  Poor guy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment