Monday, January 17, 2011

Week one - Day 1 for Denise

So today was like most days:  I had a plan for exercise, I had written out all my food that I was going to eat (all Jillian proof) and thanks to my sweet, baby boy nothing went as planned.  It started at 2am when he stood up in his crib screaming.  I wrestled with him for two hours until finally we collapsed on the bed in his nursery and fell asleep.  I know sleeping with my child is not wise and soon I will care.  So we woke up around 8:30.  The class I wanted to take at the gym started at 8.  My backup plan was to run at the gym.  By the time I fed him something and got us all ready we got to the gym at 9:45.  Thinking I had until 10:30 I rushed through the list of instructions for Misha the child care person at the gym.  Little did I know child care on Mondays now ends at 10.  Had I known that I might not have gone so let's make lemonade - I upped the level on the elliptical and went as fast as I could for all of 17 minutes.  Not what Jillian would do in a day but with my time limit maybe she would! 

So for the rest of the day everything felt off.  I did manage to eat well and eat only things Jill would have eaten.  As a Weight Watchers leader I also have to monitor my points which is no biggie.  Something has to hold me accountable to what and how much I'm eating.  I'm not sure if my blog friends would like to know what I'm eating but I thought I would post it so you get an idea:

Breakfast - Protein smoothie (1 scoop whey protein, milk, greek yogurt, frozen strawberries and a little of a frozen banana) - so she probably would not have done the dairy but the milk was organic!
Lunch - 1 egg, 1 egg white scrambled; 1 slice whole wheat bread with 1tsp honey and 1 TB peanut butter, handful of strawberries
Snack - banana with 23 almonds (raw unsalted), apple
Dinner at Shoney's - Veggie salad with boiled egg and oil and vinegar, veggie bean soup, melon and pineapple
Dessert - Apple pie Larabar
Total points plus values of 30 (I get 34 for the day)

So was the day perfect?  Not exactly but taking care of yourself is not something that can only be done on perfect days.  It has to be done on all days.  I have control of my choices no matter what the day throws at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment